Thursday, March 30, 2023

The CCR

 How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

I believe my film represent social groups or issues because even though my film idea isn't exactly expressed it's very stereotypical. I say this because the story consist of the fact that the family came from a dark past, but as soon as the girl was born they immediately changed there life around. They didn't want to be in that business anymore so they got out. But eventually it came back to haunt them. So they use the brother as the prime example of what would happen to them if they didn't listen to them. So typically through these situations, it's usually the man who dies and the woman who gets framed for it. Having no context everyone is not going to believe her because well one, she is a female. And also she happened to find him in the back of her house. It also represents social issues because typically in these situations it's usually the female getting blamed. Whether it's because she is crazy or mentally not stable. So they give her that label. Like a prime example, is the TV show "Riverdale". I believe there is a season where one of the main characters Betty is blamed for her boyfriend murder. And obviously no one believed her when she said she didn't do it because they found her at fault with his blood in her hands. All the evidence points to her so when she said she didn't do it, they didn't believe her.  

• How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
- I will like to say the way my production engages with audiences is my film starts off as quiet and very laid back. But it gradually builds tension and starts to intensify as it goes. And this is good for the audience because as it builds people start getting anxious and would want to know what will happen next. And the with the music it adds meaning and just makes people want to know what is going to happen or what's the next move. My film would be distributed as a real media text because as more people keep watching it everyone is going to have there own theories. Everyone would want to have there own idea or input so everyone is going to analyze it. 

• How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
- Since I was working by myself for this production I had to learn all four roles. Which is director, cinematographer, editor, and sound designer. I already kind of have experience with director and cinematographer considering those were my roles last production. But I also have help since it I had a partner. But since I was on my own I had to learn to navigate with all four roles. My main role was director but I also had to work with the other three. I can say they definitely got better because in order to get better at these types of things, you need to experience them firsthand. It's a textbook teaching, it's more hand on deck and learning from experiences. 

• How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

- A way I guess you can say I integrated technologies was with the opening shot. She receives a "NO CALLER ID" phone call so I had to use phone. And if you want to count the music that too. But that's mainly there for more a meaning purpose rather then for something technology wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Knows......

This is my final cut for my film, I hope you enjoy!