Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Researching process

 As part of my researching process I am looking at the first two minutes of thriller/horror movies. I am trying to capture the scene of what exactly goes in these types of films and how they make them out to be. My goal as a director is take the film something that can be placed on a big screen and people will actually enjoy it. These films tend to be a little tricky when trying to create that ominous mood. You can either deliver it perfectly or do it horribly. Which is why I am trying to look at examples so I can get at least get an idea of what I am supposed to do. A great movie that I think fits the mood of what I am trying to go is Bird Box. The opening shot is an Ariel shot of a lake, with a woman and two kids. They are being covered with all these blankets trying to cover themselves. They are trying not to be seen by what seems be a monster that no can look at unless you want to die. They create and build up the tension with that silence. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

She Knows......

This is my final cut for my film, I hope you enjoy!